Monday, March 15, 2010

Adjusting to a New Routine

It's a Sunday morning and the weather 's great! Some may be wondering why am I blogging at home on a Sunday morning instead of being in church. Our routine had a little twist beginning of 2010. Since James started Primary 1 this year, I felt that my life needed to take a change. I realized that routines and habits for our family needed to undergo some transformation to create an environment that is supportive of a boy who just went into formal school. I have come up with a list of the little sacrifices and some of the outcomes of it:
1. Church Day - we have been attending Saturday Church Service for the last 2 months. Not only to respond to the church' request but it is also better for the family. Rich and I now have one day a week to sleep in a bit (that is if the boys don't wake us up early). It has also become a time for the four of us to cuddle in bed sharing events and jokes. I have also made it a routine to teach the boys and do their homeworks. And the rest of the day is free and easy.
2. Week Nights - it's usually study time from 8-9pm. No more going out to unwind anytime we want to.  Gone are those days.....

1 comment:

HeARTworks said...

Hi Bel, Thank you for coming by my blog. You should post more- I find that I am more creative and inspired when I post and get comments. The blogging community is so supportive and encouraging! You make beautiful cross stitches! Patsy from
HeARTworks